Saturday, May 28, 2011

My love for Archery

I really love archery.

One is because, I really like to target or aim something. You may say that there are plenty more target-games - Bowling, Darts, (em, actually I like darts too :D ), shooting (pistol), but archery is like something else. The skills for archery is more unique and I think it's a bit different from the others.

Secondly, of course because it's encouraged in Islam :

Hadith recorded by Tabrani (RA), narrated by Hadhrat Jabir (Radhiallaahu Anhu) who reports of Nabi (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wasallam) to have said, 'Everything devoid of the remembrance of Allah Ta'ala is Lahw save four actions; a) Walking between 2 targets (while practicing archery), b) Training or disciplining of one's horse, c) Amusing oneself with the company of one's wife, d) Learning of the art of swimming.

(Targheeb Wa Tarheeb vol.2 pg.389; Dar Ihya al-Turaath)

Omar ibn Al-Khattab (2nd Caliphate): “Teach your children swimming, archery and horse-riding.”


Those are the main reasons. And I even create my own bow and arrow ! Using _____. Wont tell ya! ~ ^^
Yeah its not as great as the real one but still, it can be played and for me its great. ( Actually, I really wanted to have the real one but its very expensive !! The good and quality one will costs thousands. ( I read somewhere ).

Bone Fletcher

If I have better equipment and tools, I'll try create a new and better bow and arrow !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain